The Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey (CCGNJ) has a great opportunity for dedicated therapists to join our Treatment Provider Network. If you are a counselor who provides services to those who have a loved one or someone struggling with problem gambling and/or are a licensed mental health/substance abuse provider, you should consider becoming a CCGNJ provider.
Benefits of Being a CCGNJ Treatment Provider include:
- Referrals from those that contact our 800GAMBLER helpline and via chat/text from https://800gambler.org/
- Free 30-hour gambling training program that meets requirements of the International Gambling Counselor Certification Board (IGCCB)
- Exclusive access to CCGNJ Webinars and events
- Free Access to Board Approved Clinical Supervision with an International Gambling Licensing Board Consultant
- CEU opportunities
Applicants must be:
1. An independently licensed clinician who has completed or is currently enrolled in an International Certification in Gambling Counseling (ICGC) level I or II program; those pursuing the ICGC certification must complete the program within two years of becoming a CCGNJ Certified Treatment Provider.
2. A qualified clinician working in the New Jersey Division of Mental Health & Addiction Services, or a substance use disorder or mental health agency program with Department of Health licensure.
3. Clinicians must complete a 30-hour gambling-specific training program (toward ICGC-I), participate in the CCGNJ’s Clinical Supervision meetings and expect to pass the ICGC test after one year.
If you are interested, please complete the following forms, and submit to Michael Garcia, Treatment Coordinator, via email: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call Michael at 609-588-5515 ext. 115.
Treatment Network applicant credentials will be carefully examined by CCGNJ staff to ensure that proper standards are met and will be verified with State and other databases, including those of the Division of Consumer Affairs.