There are many studies correlating gambling with other behaviors ranging from irresponsible spending and drug abuse to angry outbursts of violence. We here at the CCGNJ (Council on Compulsive Gambling of NJ) are currently looking to gather more data to better understand the connection between gambling and domestic violence.
Studying this relationship is no simple task. There are numerous different types and levels of gambling and domestic violence.
Some Types of Gambling:
- Slot Machines
- Table Games (Poker, Blackjack, Roulette, etc.)
- Sports Betting & Fantasy Sports
- Horse Betting
- Online Gambling (in all of the above forms)
Some Types of Domestic Abuse:
We have added a new online survey (that can be found HERE) that asks respondents to take a few minutes of their day to answer 10 quick questions about their attitudes towards and experiences with gambling, domestic abuse and the relationship between both. The survey is 100% anonymous.
The intention of the questionnaire is to learn more about gamblers and their relationship to their significant other or spouse. Information is a powerful tool that can be transformed into specialized resources to offer further hope and support for gambling addicts and domestic partners alike.
- We offer gambling problem help in New Jersey and beyond.
- 24/7 Confidential Help Line (Phone Call)
- 24/7 Confidential Text Line (Text Message)
- Online Chat
- Gamblers Anonymous Meeting Directory
- Resource library ranging from articles to printable brochures.
- Email Newsletter
Please take a few moments and complete our new survey.
Words cannot express our appreciation for your support and assistance:
Thank you for your help. Remember, if you or anybody you know needs gambling help in NJ, NY, PA and across the US, don’t hesitate to reach out. There is hope. 1-800-GAMBLER®