Council on Compulsive Gambling of NJ, Inc.: Executive Director
Posted: August 2, 2021
Location: 3635 Quakerbridge Rd, Ste 7 Hamilton, NJ 08619
Summary: The Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, Inc., is a statewide organization that provides information, education and referral services for disordered gambling and tirelessly advocates for the problem gambler and their loved ones. The Executive Director will direct all aspects of the organization’s efforts toward fulfilling their mission statement and will be responsible for budget planning and operating an annual budget while working in cooperation with the Board of Directors on implementing Council policies and initiatives. The Executive Director must be a current New Jersey resident with a Masters Degree preferred, and have at least 5 years of experience working within the gambling addiction field with extensive knowledge of the gambling industry.
Salary: $105,000 – $160,000 (commensurate with experience) with comprehensive health care, dental vision, vacation, and other benefits.
To Apply: View complete job description and send cover letter and resume to Fred W. Hogan, Board President at email@example.com. Resumes must be received no later than October 1, 2021.
SUPERVISES: Council Staff and Consultants
SUPERVISED BY: Board of Directors
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE APPROVED: July 1, 2021
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls all aspects of the New Jersey Council on Compulsive Gambling’s efforts towards fulfilling their mission statement.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective utilization of staff personnel in achieving the council’s objectives, while maintaining current ad clear policies and procedures.
- Responsible for efficient financial accounting, expenditure of funds and other related planning and operating an annual budget, efficient financial accounting, expenditure of funds and other related administrative duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media and other appropriate political entities and stakeholders as the primary spokesperson on behalf of the Council.
- Responsible for reporting to both the board and the state on Council’s goals, methods, and objectives.
- Responsible for education and community outreach coordination and execution.
- Act as liaison to the National Council and other related organizations
- Work in cooperation with the Board of Directors on fundraising initiatives.
- Oversees the NJGEARS Program regarding its funding, consultants and staff.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven managerial ability with a minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Five (5) years direct experience working within the gambling addiction field.
- Working knowledge of New Jersey State Government preferred.
- Possess budget management skills or background in budget planning.
- Fluent with virtual and business-related software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Zoom.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations and workshops to various audiences.
- Strong written and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to relate to and work within a diverse environment.
- Extensive knowledge of problem and disordered gambling addiction and of the treatment facilities and community services available within the State of New Jersey and elsewhere as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the gambling industry and other related fields that connect with gambling.
- Must be a New Jersey resident.