Position no longer available
POSITION OPPORTUNITY FOR THE COUNCIL ON COMPULSIVE GAMBLING OF NEW JERSEY, INC.
The Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey (CCGNJ) is seeking applications for a Problem Gambling Prevention Specialist position. Position responsibilities are as follows:
- Presents workshops, seminars and conferences relating to youth, older adults, at-risk populations, and others regarding problem and disordered gambling.
- Plans and implements prevention, outreach and educational programs addressing problem and disordered gambling issues among at-risk populations.
- Coordinates with community organizations, faith communities, health centers, professional groups and others to increase awareness and engagement in recovery.
- Conducts training programs on problem and disordered gambling for professionals, at-risk populations, and community members.
- Serves as a resource to members of the community by providing referrals, interventions, and other help services to families, addicted gamblers, and others in need of assistance.
- Acts as liaison to community and other service agencies and state departments as assigned.
- Answers helpline calls as required.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports of the outreach programs status, as directed.
- Conducts special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Bilingual and experience working with multi-cultural community encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Strong desire to carry the message of education, information and awareness.
- Prior experience in public speaking and/or teaching a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (relevant experience may be substituted on the basis of two years for each required year of education)
- Knowledge of problem and disordered gambling, its impact upon gamblers and significant others, of prevention and recovery concepts, and of common forms of gambling.
- Ability to use current technology, computers and software, including Internet and MS Office software.
This is a full time, exempt position. Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday and/or Sunday. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. This job posting closes on September 15, 2018.
Interested person should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Alice L. Ostapiuk, HR/Office Manager
3635 Quakerbridge Rd, Ste 7
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org